Sunday, January 17, 2010

Feeling lazy.

Today has been a day of almost complete rest. No exercise, no getting dressed, no cooking. We've played Wii, create celebrity Mii's and eaten all the leftovers that are filling the fridge.

It's been most awesome.

(I am the only one of who stayed in jammies- they went shooting for a couple hours.)

Sometimes I think I get too caught up in the day to day drama of family life. I miss those lazy days. I can become so consumed with what I need or want to do- that I don't take time to take care of myself. THAT is almost as important as finishing what I want to..

Today reminded me of that. Sometimes you do need to take a step back... tomorrow I will once again participate in life outside of our house. For today-- I'll love the fact that I didn't need to.

No comments: