Sunday, June 26, 2011

Circus didn't do me in.

We took a small road trip to go to a Shriner's circus.  (Shriner's will *ALWAYS* be near and dear.  Support them!!)  Being on the road meant fast food, eating out, car trip food, sitting, etc, etc.  And I have to say, I didn't do too bad!!  Even sitting next to a family (at circus) who was snarfing nachos, chili cheese fries, popcorn, etc, etc.  They seemed to always have food.

We had a bag of cotton candy to share.

Normally we'd have been the family next to us.  But right now $$$ is tight.  But, if I were to be really honest with myself, a big part of it was the mom.  She was my size... maybe bigger.  I spent time watching the food she ate, and mentally calorie counting.  At a time, sometimes still, I'm her.  Watching her, I was able to see "me" in a state that I don't want to be in.  It was the first time I could actually see someone, face to face, how I really see myself.  It was eye opening. 

We did do some letterboxing, but only drive by's, so we can't really say we exercised... though, we did park about 3 blocks away and on the 3rd level of a parking garage.  That counts a bit!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I also watch other people eat and count the calories of what they are eating. It's kind of become a game for me.

Sarah
notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com