Monday, May 23, 2011

Breaking news

my sons father is okay.
his step-mom is okay.
his baby brother and sister, okay.
his nonni- not okay.

might seem weird to most, but our two families get along quite well.  i love their 2 kids as if they were my own.  it's just what it is, 10ish years can do that i guess. 

sunday evening was a mass of trying to call 3 people.  calling their family to let them know they were okay.  trying to reach nonni, over and over and over again.  telling her we were worried, to please call, walk, get on tv, something.  i left so many messages for her... so many texts flying back and forth.  more texts that i have ever done, let alone in a single evening.

keep joplin in your prayers.  they need it.  and especially those who found their own loved ones.  red, my childs stepmom, found her own mom.  it made me crumble.  and i know she is not the only one.

my heart swells though, that i do not have to explain to my 12 yr old that more of our family passed.  but explaining nonni was enough.

rip nonni-- you've touched many.  thank you for loving my son.  he sure loved you.

1 comment:

KC said...

I am so, so sorry. I wish there was more I could do or say to help you through this. I'm here if you need me.