Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Running with Angels

I received this book a couple years ago & hadn't read it since. I found it this weekend while cleaning out a closet, so I took it to school with me, so in some down time I could reread.

I got to a point in the book where I made myself stop and reread.

"Suddenly, I did not want to take a walk any more. I wasn't sure why. I just knew... The next morning was the beginning of another beautiful morning. The fresh air brought a welcomed relief to my dampened spirits... however, I had the same experience that I'd had the previous day... Putting one foot in front of the other, I finally completed the circle... I decided I wanted to do it again..."

It hit me hard. I've been having that internal battle. Am I doing enough, I think I am, the scale is moving upward instead of downward. Calorie counting sucks, I get so busy I don't eat. That frustrated feeling isn't a good one... it's that little devil sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear, "why even do it."

So those 2 pages I read, briefly shared, hit me.

My challenges seem minuscule compared to her-- but they are mine, and to me they are big.

I came home today, dropped my school stuff on the bed, made 3 phone calls I had to do while I laced up my tennis shoes, grabbed our 2 yr old lab/aussie mix and hit the sidewalk.

It felt good.

No comments: